Show your school spirit, have fun and get ﬁt! For grades 3-5 who are able to comfortably swim 25m – practises are Thursday after-school, with additional monthly swim meets on a weekend. The cost is $75 all inclusive (plus $7 for a PCS cap if you have not got one) with children benefitting from the expertise of trained Pacific Swim Coast instructors.
The Frank Hobbs swim team introduces kids to competitive swimming in a fun and friendly environment. Weekly practices are held to develop swimming strokes and to improve fitness and strength. There are also monthly swim meets that allow the kids to race and illustrate how they improve over the swim season.
- Swim Team is open to students in grades 3-5.
- Swimmers MUST be able to swim 25m in a confident manner. These are NOT swimming lessons, so we will not be teaching children how to swim.
- We swim with our first practice. All practices will take place at UVIC’s McKinnon Pool.
- Swim Team runs until early March, with a break in December/January for holidays.
- Program cost is: $75.00 per student. This includes – School team shirt, School team cap, pool time, professional coaching, four competitions, prizes and certificates! Please log in and pay online at frankhobbs.hotlunches.net or by clicking on the LUNCH ORDER button. You can also pay by cheque or cash, leaving your payment and registration form in the white parent mailbox outside the main school office. Please make cheques payable to “Frank Hobbs PAC”.
Swim Club information FAST School League Registration Information
Swim Club Registration Frank Hobbs Swim Club
The Swim Coordinator this year is Yona Ore. If you have any questions, please contact Yona via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the lockers for personal items to avoid loss or theft. We cannot be responsible for the loss or theft of any item.
University of Victoria/Pacific Coast Swimming
Proudly announces the 2017-18 School Swimming F.A.S.T. program
F.A.S.T. stands for Friends Achieving Skills Together and that is what they do. The program gives the students swimming skills, endurance in the water, teamwork, fitness and fun!
The F.A.S.T meets consist of 25m of Free, Back, Breast and Butterfly as well as a 25 kick event, a 50m Free and relays. There are no entry times required but heats will be set up taking previous bests into consideration to construct the best ‘races’ possible.
Certificates are issued to all of the schools for each swimmer at each F.A.S.T. meet. The final meet will have ribbons. The swimmers will get a treat at the end of each meet as well.
All swimmers will need to be registered so there is a registration form for each parent/guardian to fill in. Please fill out the attached forms and return along with your school registration form and payment.
This year we are offering the following options. Note, these are not included in the $75.00:
- Spring League – for a school or swimmers who wish to carry on after February we will have a spring league for school swimmers, which will be similar to the winter program but start after Spring Break and run until the end of May 2017.
- Sunday Stroke Series at UVic – these are very popular with our club swimmers and are open to school swimmers as well. Each one is three hours in length once every 6-8 weeks where the focus is on one component of swimming (example – turns) – they are fun and the swimmers have a chance to learn a lot through low coach to swimmer ratio, video analysis, demonstration and instruction. And…there are treats at the end! Cost: $30.00 for the session. Includes coaching, video analysis, and snack.
- Christmas Break Swim camp – this is a half day camp designed to encourage stronger swim skills and meet others while having a good time with our knowledgeable instructors. School only swimmers will fit into to our regular PCS groups based on ability and availability. Details will be out in November.
- Spring Break Camp this is also a half day camp. It can be offered in English or French. This is for school swimmers only given sufficient registration.
- Notices will be given out to school swimmers to announce the dates and details of these opportunities.
All winter F.A.S.T. programs finish in the week of the finals F.A.S.T. meet.
Please note – the Swim Club is not sponsored by the school and is a 100% parent-run club.